A BLOG

A BLOG

Friday, March 16, 2012

A Tulip ____ Reidi Gul___ ریدی گل

               
A Tulip

In a desert, once, on a hunt did I find,
With a radiant smile, a flower so fair;
Sadly, I approached and sighed, “Ah! Of my kind
Are you too – a hapless flower from a beloved’s hair.
Frail fingers wouldn’t take you to a soft face so close,
Nor would you be kissed by lips delicate and rose.”
With a silent smile the flower replied, “Don’t lose heart!
This desert I wouldn’t give up for the gardens of Iran,
A solitary I am here while legions are there,
Amidst this cursed soil I stand apart.
In this gray desert, a flamboyant flame of divine light am I,
Beauty’s silent song, a miracle from the sky.
In your garden, there are thousands of flowers like me –
A nameless droplet in a nameless sea.
You too, in your desert, don’t feel forlorn,
To behold you at last shall come a sore Ghani Khan.


  ریدی گل
  
یو ورځی یو صحرا کې په ښکار وتی وم روان
یو ګلاب می ولاړ ولید، پړقیده ښایسته خندان
زه خفه یې خوا له لاړم ، ما وې اه زما په شان
ته هم ګل یی بد نصیبه ورک د زلفو د جانان
نه د چا نیازبینې ګوتې ، نرم مخ له به دې یوسي 
نه به ښکل دې کړي سری شونډې دیار سره نازک لبان
هغه غلی شان مسکی شو ، وې خان مه کوه خفګان
زه به دا صحرا ور نکړم ، د ایران په ګلستان
دلته زه یو او یکتا یم ، هلته زر زما په شان
چار چاپیره سپیرې خاورې ، زه یوازې یم روښان
دلته دې تور ریګستان کښې زه د رنګ او نور لمبه یم
د ښایست چپه نغمه یم ، کرشمه د لامکان
ستا په باغ کې په زرګونو دي ګلاب زما په شان
یو بې نومه سور دریاب کې یو بې نوم څاڅکی روان
ته دې هم په خپل صحرا کې خفه مه شې زما وروره!
آخر را به شي دیدن له دې څوک سوی غنی خان






This poem is written by Ghani Khan________one of my  best loved  poet of the 20th century.For more details about him ,his phasto poems,and translated poems.Visit this website:ghanikhan.wordpress.com

Translation credit :
ghanikhan.wordpress.com/translation/a-tulip



16 comments:

  1. Wow! :o
    This is amazing Izdiher! This is the first time, probably, that I have read a poetry post by you. This is such a beautiful and heart touching poem. I love reading poems and this one has become one of my favorites. I could connect to it. The way you have portrayed the chat between you and the flower sounds so real. Many-a-times I end up talking to trees, flowers and the like and so it felt very similar to me. Awesome! ☆♥☆

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was beautiful. It was interesting how you made this flower "come to life" by giving it some dialogue. Well done! I truly LOVED this poem! You need to do more of them!

    Oh, I got my new poetry blog up and running. This will be (hopefully) the last time I'll be asking you to "follow" one of my blogs, LOL! :)

    -Mara
    http://tea-time-4-two.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been to the dessert actually, and flower in the midst of the dessert is the least I'm expecting to find.

    Beautifully written!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Thanks for sharing this, Izdiher!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely sad poem. Almost makes me want to cry.
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sweet Girl!! :) Love this poem! And I think I'd have to say the tulip is my favorite flower. Hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful!!!!!

    oh i love that spring is slowly showing up:)))....

    i hope you are enjoying!!!!!


    amazing poem!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, you are posting more often now.
    Great! I also have a lot to say, but my postings are so infrequent, I forget what was to be written/shared.

    A really nice poem by Ghani Khan. Would like to see "Poems by Izdiher". Or, "Poems by Desert Tulip". Maybe in your English? Rather than pashta or Urdu translate.

    Enjoy your life, Izdiher. Be safe. Be at PEACE within.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very beautiful..thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this poem, it is just so beautiful! Thanks for sharing these awesome lines Izdiher.
    Sending you much love.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This poem is so beautiful !
    I will certainly read more such poems by Ghani Khan in the website that you have mentioned here !
    Take care,
    _Sanghamitra at La Dolce Vita

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing Dear :) its cool

    ReplyDelete

'FOLLOW" me.