Thursday, May 24, 2012

With love, from Turkey.

I love Türkiye (Turkey) not because it is a beautiful country. I love it becasue of its people.  Wherever I have meet Turk peeps ( mostly at Karachi University or online). They love me. They respect me .....just cause I am Pakistani.

Yes, strange for you, though  it's true.  Maybe Pakistani don't even know this either. Turks have strange kind of love for  Pakistan.  I used to have two good Turk friends  in Karachi University. Every year many Arabs, Turks and Persian students come Pakistan for higher studies.

Some says its cheep to study here. Some says its easy to get degree (They are C grade student in their home land) But Turk students reason is always Pakistan için aşk ( Love for Pakistan). We ate together. Especially at  the month of Ramadan we had so many Eftar parties. Making assignments, doing projects .....aha those were days.

Not only this, they  have shown their love and generosity  all the time____whether it was flood, earthquake or any other disaster, they are always first to help us. It was a heart touching moment when in 2010,  a 9-year old  Turk  girl gave her doll and one year pocket money of 150 Turkish liras   for flood victim. She also send a letter along with her love in Turkish .




 " I will go on sending my help. Don’t hesitate, we are your best friend. I send you one-year pocket money and my doll. My daddy told me that you helped us a lot during our war of independence. So now it is our turn to help you. I write this letter because I want you to know that we are all informed about this”



Her name is Merve Tekinay. Interesting thing,  Merve is a Sindhi Pakistani name. And my national language Urdu is a Turkce word which means Lashker..Army. There are so many  Turkce words in Urdu tough its a different language.

Not only that  they have establish so many Pak Turk schools and collages  in various part of Pakistan. I am not gonna bore you with diplomatic talk.

So this love and friendship is not because enemy of my enemy is my friend(China) or friend for benefits (USA) type friendship, or just cause we are neighbors or something( Iran). We are no neighbors. We don't even understand each other languages. Our culture is different. 

Just once at the time of  their independence ( 1919–1924 )our few elders fought for them. Our women  sold their gold jewelry and donated and they still remebr this.

These days Turk PM  is in Pakistan. He addressed joint sitting of the Parliament.
He has an honor for  addressing twice.

Pak Turk dosti  shad rahey bad rahey ...Amen.

34 comments:

  1. Very interesting and informative. That little girl is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful precious and selfless child! A true reminder that we need to be kinder to one another and help our fellow men out.. Lovely little story!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very informative post, Izdiher...And what a lovely child, generous enuf and selfless. Merve....A sindhi pakistani name. Well, I'm Sindhi and my forefathers were from Pakistan, but I never heard this word 'Merve' ..Could u plz tell what it means?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a great friend whose husband has had to work in Turkey the past couple of years, and they have truly enjoyed it there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its true. Turkish people are nice and great people. In my university I have a lot of Turkish student. Lot of friends who are Turkish! Love them. They are peacefull. They live and let live. <3

    x
    www.cherryfactor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lived in Adana, Turkey for the better part of a year and found the people there friendly and helpful to an American who was having difficulty learning the language. I always thought I would like to do back for another stay if I ever had the chance to do so. The story of little Merve Tekinay is quite touching and reflects on the way she was raised. Thanks for sharing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope there will be more Merve that will be born and reared with values by responsbile parents. The world needs more of Merve Tekinay at this time. Thank you for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have not been to turkey.. but i got a few turkish friends.
    they are very nice..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hats off to the lil' girl.. She's an inspiration! Thanks for sharing Izi!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the true love for humanity! Very beautiful and touching post which epitomizes the spirit of friendship, Izdiher:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We should follow her lead and certainly this will become a better whole new world..how ironic to be taught lessons by a child.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That little girl was so cute. She just about 9 years old but she really want to help for those in need :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I read the little girl's letter I was so touched. Children and young people are like this, they love wholeheartedly and without selfishness. Like you, Izdiher, I love the Turkish people too. I find them warm and caring - we have many Turkish people in our universities here in Malaysia! I myself have taught many of them and I love them. Last year I went to Turkey for a holiday and I told myself this is one country I dont mind visiting again and again! It's a beautiful country and so rich in history.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable Little girl with a heart of gold ! Looks like one of my husband's niece. Thank you for sharing certain unknown facets of the Turkish people which I had no knowledge of .
    take care,

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Izdiher :) It's nice to meet you. I have some Pakistani friends both online and in real life. I have learned Arabic not Urdu though.

    Thanks for sharing this side of the Turks. I've heard that Turkey's such a beautiful country :) and I'm sure the people are too, just the way you have described them.

    And what and exceptional child! They are so holy in their innocence and selflessness. It's a beautiful and touching gesture on her part.

    Loved this :) It's unique :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a very nice and generous thing she did. It's good to see that there are even children who care about helping other people on this planet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i dont love people according to their races and countries. in fact, i love everyone and try to be as friendly as possible with people i meet :)

    -FiSh
    @ ohfishiee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. very nice piece ..honest as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great post and what an amazing little girl. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Izdiher. Everyone I meet--either by design or chance--gets a smile, and some friendly words, usually enough to result in a smile. It is a habit.

    Not yet so good on 'loving everyone', though that IS my goal. I admire Peeps like you and "FISH.ohFISHiee" (above) who love everybody. It is often not the easy thing to do.

    "Behave well, and you shall sleep well."
    --Ancient Chinese Proverb by "chopstick-steveroni"

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice post. I like Turkey with its people and Bosphorus Bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  22. freaking adorable... nice post you have here dear.. :)

    have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh,so sweet little girl.. So touching letter and post you've shared,:) Lovely day to you..:) Keep sharing more..:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great inspirational story Izdiher.

    ReplyDelete
  25. hey thank for you comment!
    i follow you, do you want to follow me?
    very informative post.
    kiss, Alice
    www.alicemazzara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. lovely story, i like it dear

    ReplyDelete
  27. your blog is amazing
    i wich you all the happiness...

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a nice story, the young child must have a big heart to think of others, im sure one day she will be a great contributor to the world.

    ReplyDelete