A BLOG

A BLOG

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Aşk-ı Memnu_________A breath of fresh air .

I just finished watching a Turkish drama serial Aşk-ı Memnu (Urdu: Ishq-e-Memnu, English: Forbidden Love) on DVD once again.

 

 This was my 4th T-drama serial after Noor, Ezal,  and Fatmagül'ün Suçu Neand, and after watching it, I can hammer on  it was one of the best series I have watched so far. Turkish dramas are simply the best !

 I rarely watch local channels, just news and talk shows if it is so damn impo, otherwise not at all. And local entrainment is a big NO. It sucks big time. In dramas, heroine_______ main female  character is mostly lower  class, shaeerf, week, dumb and stupid, full with social and economic issues, crying, crying and just crying, and people are loving it. Our audience love watching crying women.And hero is just too stiff.Sorry I can't put up with this crap.

My life is some how also like that, so why I watch the same thing on screen?  I do watch telly for entertainment, and if I have to see mirror, I have one in my room.

 On the other hand, dramas and  soap operas  have nothing to do with the reality. They are drama, and let them be drama, instead of making them an eye opener or reality type documentary  thing. See, I ain't saying always make some thing comedy and haha heheheh type stuff, but for  peters' sake let the entertainment be entertainment.

Every society has their own problems. There is  pain and hurt in love.But in our dramas there is no break ups, no make up. There is no hope, no love story in it. Just  cry outs.

 So for my entertainment dose I watch star world etc etc.

Few months ago outta blue a new telly channel, Urdu1 stared, and they on aired this Turkish  drama  in Urdu.  It was a breath of fresh air for me.

This series  is originally adapted from Halit Ziya Uşaklıgil's novel Aşk-ı Memnu. Every thing was spot on in it.  Story was so  light. Acting was good. Actor and actress were all GOOD LOOKING, esp Kivanç, who played the role of Behtul. He is soooooooooo blonde.


Have you ever watched any foreign drama series, if yes then tell me about it ?



8 comments:

  1. Kind of funny, because I'm Turkish and I absolutely hate Turkish soaps/dramas :D
    I prefer American/British shows.

    Ask-i Memnu was a big hit in Turkey too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Years ago, while spending some time in Singapore, I came across a TV drama called The Golden Pillow. It stared the very beautiful actress Fann Wong. The family I stayed with continued to send me summaries of the episodes, because the show was not shown in the States.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a bit like you, I am not so interested in reality shows or those that mirror life. I want to be taken away out of this reality into somewhere else where I can be swept away by the story, whether it is funny or action.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh; I look just like this guy! Well, I did thirty years ago. Okay...never.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been watching soap on TV before now I can't find the time. Sometimes very busy.
    Oh Kivan,first time to see and know him. looks like a perfect guy for you, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Izdiher ~~ I don't like reality shows much. I like a funny story or a romance. That is to be entertained. Life is enough of a reality to cope with.
    Glad you enjoyed my post, my friend. Love, Merle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo, I've just watched two Hindi movies and I have two more in store. I realized how great and creative Indians are when it comes to concepts and themes of their movies. I particularly watch comedy.

    Well, most of the movies I watch are also foreign love stories ;) ~ I'm waiting for Breaking Dawn part 2 this November ;)

    ReplyDelete

'FOLLOW" me.