Superstition is all myth and nothing else. Old wife tales have no meaning in today’s world. Something bad or good will happen at any cost whether a black cat crosses your path or not .
the fact that I live in a Muslim majority country and Islam have no
place for such dumb ass stuff however people believe in these crap.
sake it is 2012. Think with logic. How can a hiccup means your grave is
reducing in size or someone is thinking of you? Blaming every failure
to evil eyes shows you are a total loser and can’t do anything.
What I have figured out
people have uncertainty and fears. So many bad things happen to them socially and economically and they want answers why this or that
happened to them, right ? So they associated their failure with these things. And in back days there were no research, and much eduction, people believed them with out
question, and passed it on.
Like one of my neighbor never takes
her nose pin off (here having a nose pierced is sign of being married
in south Asian culture). I asked her to do so, so I could do her facial
properly she said her first husband died because she don’t used to wear
it or took proper care of it. Now she is married again, happy by the
grace of God and have fear to take it off will bring bad luck to her.
She can't go for broke.
I said nothing more to hurt her.
Having a man is a south Asian's women need. She can't afford to lose her husband. Single mom can hardly survive.
Some very common superstition in my country are:
1. If you hiccup, it means your grave is reducing in size or someone is thinking of you at that movement.
2. Never call one back when the person is leaving the house.
3. If a black cat cross in front of you, it’s bad luck.
4. Don’t drink milk after eating fish, it will cause Virgilio.
5. Opening the scissors and closing it without a reason causes fights at home.
6. If there is itching on palm you are gonna get some money in future.
7. Dogs and cat crying is a bad sign .
8.: Crow's caw means guest will come.
9. The most stupid one is when people says someone have done magic on you.
10. Upside down slippers/ shoes are bad sign.
11. Cat as pet can curse her owner to go blind so she could drink all the milk.
12. ( This is for gals only) Don't go out with your hairs open esp after sun has been set, ghot will get you something.
13. (This is also for gals) Don't take shower in your menses days.
There are hundreds of them which make no sense too me.
Like there is also no scientific prove whether Virgilio is really caused by drinking milk after eating fish, or hiccuping means your grave is reducing in size or someone is thinking of you at that movement. What if a dog o r a cat is crying for hunger and pain.
One of my aunty was too good in sewing. I used to love her stuff. There was always scissors, ribbons, laces, unstitched clothes clothes in her room, and making dresses for my doll, from those left over clothes were my fav past time at her place, but she always used to warn me " don't play with scissors, your mom and dad will fight."
My mom and dad used to fight all the time, so I knew that she was saying that for my safety, as we all know scissors are dangerous for kids.
This, cat as pet cursing her owner to go blind so she could drink all the milk is also a total myth. People actually don't let kids to have pets for many reason, so have have spreed this rumors about poor animals.