A BLOG

A BLOG

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Shree Swaminarayan Temple.

Karachi is so huge, and since this January I have been going to Denso hall/Tower everyday, I am getting more crazy about it.

I have this dream to capture every corner of it, each and every day.


I went to   Shree  Swaminarayan Mandir at Light House, M.A Jinnah Road, this  Monday with my two mates. Even though they have no interest in such stuff I dragged them to go with me. Again I had limited time and both of them was getting antsy. My shots are not even OK. All I need is practicing.

 The friend who lives in that area and volunteers at mandir  was also little bit nervous  because they don't allowed Muslims to take pics and bla bla, also he said he  himself doesn't let outsiders to come, so if he will let us  in, it would be biased and unfair.

Although the keeper over there said he has no issue. It will give us, Muslims some knowledge about their religon and their worship place. Naven said we will go Mandir at Clifton some other.




  
 This 150 years old  Mandir  is over  32,306 square yards (27,012 m2),   the only Swaminarayan temple in Pakistan, which  belongs to the NarNarayan Dev Gadi.
































































































It is not just the Mandir area, lots of people live there as well.













































 I have no knowledge what was that. more sorta pvt temple in one house.



4 comments:

  1. Love the photo of the man praying, very mysterious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photographs are so filled with character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did not know about this! Lovely post , Ifra

    ReplyDelete

'FOLLOW" me.