Friday, October 21, 2016

Karachi to Kuala Lumpur

Going anywhere outta Karachi was a dream till 2016. After starting working in university, it became so clear to me such dreams are for fools. My life is in Karachi. Going to work is only place I could go. Therefore, instead of dreaming, I started focusing on my work and accepting that I am not going anywhere even for a week.

I went to Islamabad, capital of Pakistan in the month of January and  just now visited Kuala Lumpur. Life is amazing. 

It was a ten days educational trip, from my university- SMIU. Our delegation consisted of 12 students, 4 faculty members, 2 admin staffs with our Vice Chancellor. I was on duty. However, still I got the chance to capture few clicks here and there.





















Our stay was in Sentral Pudu Hotel. 

A  good deal for three star, low key hotel. It  was  located at down town (Jalan Pudu, Pudu, Wilayah Persekutuan). Berjaya Time Square was 2 km from there.  We reached there around  10 am  in the morning. It is 6 hour flight from Karachi to Kuala Lumpur. A guide picked us from the airport. Her name is Ning.

After settling down and having coffee ( I carry my Nescafe everywhere ), I took few shots from my hotel window with my DSLR Camera pro.


421 meters high Kuala Lumpur Tower is  the 6th tallest tower in the world. It was visible from my window.

  That area was remaining me of Karachi. I felt like home.


We left the hotel for lunch followed  the city tour. Lunch was done in an Indian restaurant Dehli Royal. I was amazed to see Daal Chawal and veggies with Pakora in the buffet. Actually, never mind. When it comes to food: Karachities go for BBQ, masla Tikka and Biryani. Daal Chawal is home dish to us.  Anyhow, I loved it. Fried fish was yum. They make spaghetti in different style. And frst time I realized how different Indian cuisine is from ours.

 Food should not be an issue when one is traveling. Just make sure the local stuff doesn't disturb your stomach. And, nothing happened to me in these 10 days. I had Indian, Malay and Chinese cuisines_the three races of Malaysia. Also fast food off and on.

In the city tour we visited the twin towers, the Palace, National Monument and other parts of this beautiful city.  I couldn't captured the twin tower properly. :(. This was my first day and I was getting lost.







                                                                                                                                                                          Palace of Sultan





          




Kaular Lumpur is  good in many ways. I am getting the impression that almost everything is commercialized here in a balanced way. Roads are clean. And people are quite and relaxed. Street foods are also everywhere with their local thaly walay and plastic chairs. That fascinates me. Sometimes I want to go and talk to them. Then, I remind my self that I am on duty.

 We have had big tourist bus. It took us everywhere. Transportation system is at its best. We have tried their train. It was so fun. I wish Karachi had such system.






It is raining right now. We are at Star Bucks. So I got free WiFi.



 Yaaayy. In the morning we went to leather and Batik industry.They are basically cottage industry. Then we went to Sun way  Lagoon .  

                         
           
       






























































More Pics are  here !


Like My Facebook/Izdiher

Follow me on Instagram: Izdiher

I Tweet @ Izdiher

1 comment:

  1. you have a great sense of frame! good photographs :)

    ReplyDelete