Friday, March 27, 2020

In the time of corona virus

It has been ages I haven't write much like I used to write. Is blogging dead or something? My reason of not doing it much is work. Not only physically, it is mentally exhausted too. I am most of the time shagged out to do anything else. Then, there were so many other personal things which were taking over me. And once you break the routine, then it become quite difficult to get it back. 

But anyho ! 

I wanna keep doing it. I wanna keep blogging. All I need is a routine. Due to this outbreak of Covid19 everything is on stand by in the whole world. We are all in quarantine. At one time I was thinking the world is about to end.;[[l I am in house since March 16. I went to shopping with a co worker. She wanted a dress like I had in DICE event. At that time, fear, panic and out break wasn't that much censorious. We went to whole sale market, opposite Bolton Market. It is at main M.A Jinnah road. Then we went to Parsi Colony and had lemon cake from Cillie's. She invited me for lunch at her home after our shopping. 

After that we had a partial lock down. 

 Before that, I went to women March on March 8. 

It wasn't a pandemic yet, over here. It was also thinking that it is st a flu virus type thing which will go away. In China, it was since November. Around January, Wuhan got proper lock down. It was not even in news here till late February when patients started appearing. 

People are still not understanding this Covid19. In the beginning we all were clueless. Government of Sindh province did best thing to shut down educational institution in  first week of March and other places where public can gather lie malls, restaurants and cinemas at first place since March 17. We are officially shut down from March 20 till April.

But now when everyone has got what this virus is and what and how does spread, time to be sensible. Looks like government is trying to explain and putting people in homes. Last night, praying in congregational was banned by Sindh Government but as I am seeing in news and social media, videos and pictures of people still praying in masjid is being circulated. They somehow unable to understand that praying in home in this difficult time is not anti Allah. This all lock down is for our safety.

It started in Pakistan, when pilgrims came from Iran and Saudia Arabia in late February. We also have other religious preaching programs like Ijtimas in large numbers now. Some contracted from there. Religion is still sensitive topic to discus. Banning religious gathering openly and by force is asking for trouble. Well, if they want to have virus and transmit it to others then, bravo to our public. Saudi Arabia is able to shut down masajid and postpone annual Haj of this year due to authoritative government. What Iran did is beyond my understanding. No comments. Like, my life motto: no need to help those who don't want help. No need to comment. It is waste of time. 

All of them foreign returned people carried on meeting others instead of quarantine themselves. It figures. Patients started multiplying. So far number of patients are more than thousand. 

I personally know lots of people who are against Lock down along with our Mr. PM Imran Khan. The are more concerned about economy then the lives of million of people which will be affected by Covid 19 in long terms. This is not just flue virus. As we have seen, how it hit hard in China, Italy besides many other European countries, Iran, and now USA. Numbers of effected people and deaths are increasing. 

Unfortunately, there is no vaccine so far, and not enough testing kit. Only solution is maintaining social distance, hygiene and quarantine. That's how China could be able to flatten the curve and control the epidemic. Things got horrid in Italy because people took it light. Even in strick lock down they were doing party with neighbors and going for hair cut. 

Other problem is health care system of ours. How will be handle it if numbers will go on, when developed countries are still unable to manage it? Prevention is better than cure medicine. Government should take more bold steps and impose curfew.

Quarantine is indeed difficult. I try to isolate my self for hours and a day from hectic routine, especially when it comes to people. Mt problem is that I am too soft to myself. Having a control keeps life in moderate mode. It was an strange urge to be with other other person. I was looking for someone. And that was at some point problematic. I lost my equilibrium.

This quarantine is blessing in so many ways. I am gathering all my pieces together.  I only meet relevant people and go for specific work only. Time is a strange thing. When we want it, it is not there, and when it is here, we are unable to make use of it.

 This quarantine is too long. Reading book has become the most tiring thing. Watching news and logging in to any social media is giving me anxiety now.

Other than that life is so much better. It will be more better. 

Hopefully, we will be able to flatten the curve and get rid of this pandemic a soon as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message.