A BLOG

A BLOG

Friday, July 19, 2013

My poor, defeated -in-love heart !


 
I am a very useful thing, O dear.
Put me to some work some time, O dear.
I am a very useful thing, O dear.
I'll wake you up before the sun (rises),
and hum all the headlines of newspaper..
Then I'll present you with a hot cup of tea,
And if you don't like a news, will change the end of it.
When you open your mouth to yawn,
I'll tap my fingers in front of it.
So that you don't feel the heat of sun,
I'll open umbrella for you.
I'll keep walking behind you with one 
at home and in office.
Your files, your diary,
keys of the car, your spectacles,
your laptop, your cap,
and my heart, this poor heart,
this poor, defeated-in-love heart.
 
This is a translation of song yaraam originally written by Gulzar Sir in Hindi/ Urdu from the flick Ek Thi Daayan, which I haven't seen yet. Music by Vishal Bhardwaj, and sung by Sunidhi Chauhan, Clinton Cerejo.Period.
 

9 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful and deeply moving song dear Izzy.
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO beautiful, Izdiher. However, I'm thinking that if some women followed me that closely through a day, I would soon tire of it (After about 50 years--grin!)

    Girl sounds more like a servant--which is NOT equal. Period. HE might wish to pamper HER a little some days.

    I can hear him say, "For God's sake, LEAVE ME ALONE for an hur...OK?

    But...whatever...you sure do write it well--you DID the translation, correct?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jajajajjaja Oh my god Steve!!! you are so right.... we need our space. sometimes i hate those types of love songs because they represent the female lover as a servant, and i hate that idea of "im nothing without you"....but its ok, i know im a bit obsessed with feminism, i get the overal idea, i just hope that it is only a translation and that your heart is not a defeated-in-love one, because no heart can give you more love than your own <3

      Nice to see you both Izdiher and Steve, hugs for you both =)

      Delete
  3. you have done a commendable job translating it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very heart touching.

    (I haven't been able to open your last couple of posts)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Translating it keeping the lyrics poetic is not easy. You have done a lovely job at it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh that was lovely... very quotable to the loved ones.

    follow my blog? :) <3
    amsaima.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

'FOLLOW" me.