A BLOG

A BLOG

Friday, March 21, 2014

Ask us.


  Kamila Shamshi's intreview to talking books, BBC   was quite  typical of those Karachitie who has left Karachi.


They always talk like that." Karachi is so violent," " I miss her so much." blah blah.

I can't deny  this fact , but people who have  left Karachi, or  Pakistan for  whatever  reason, should not talk about this city and country at all, especially about Karachi. 

People who  have left, living better lives some where else, and have no intention to come back, should not talk about our situation. They don't know ground realities, they are not facing the problem(s). And  when they talk about it like that, it only  looks like they are so sympathetic about us, because  we are some third world citizen, living in some war zone area, there are death bodies everywhere, and soon we will all die.

Yes, it is a violent city,  it gets  so bloody violent, which I am not denying at all. Law and order situation is pathetic,  after every month there is some political unrest, strikes, sectarian killings, and what not !

But don't forget people are living here.

 There are people who are living here everyday, without any fear. They are on roads after every violence.
This is a city does not sleep at night, no matter how bloody it gets.

It is called mini Pakistan, because  people from all around the sountry come here to have a better life, better job, better living for themselves and their family.


It takes a mighty heart to live here.

Maybe,  I can't understand their mentality and fear because I am living here since I was born, raised here,   and it doesn't bother me much. I am used to it, and all these things  don't sop me from living here.

 If this city  is like a difficult member of a family,  help it, instead of being bhagora and running away. Make it a better place  by doing your bit. Point out its problems with intention of solving it.



There is so much burden on the shoulders of Karachi.

15 comments:

  1. I agree with you..being a Karachitie myself I know how beautiful this place is and developing day by day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all need to do our share to make the place we call home as livable as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a song to spur everyone on to do their bit to make Karachi great!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Guo3EB_Kw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asalamu alailukum,

    Interesting post, I know its been a while but death came knocking on the door.. Come have a read and make dua for all those who have lost their loved ones.

    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  5. The people are the heart and soul of a city!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is you who is strong of heart and courageous! And you are constant in this

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Karachi is my LOVE. I am born in Dubai and living here since 22 years. I visit Karachi every two or three times in a year, and I tell my friends "see I came back safe and enjoyed my trip to Karachi to the fullest. I love Karachi no matter however it is, It is my city and my pride. Hats off to all the Karachite who lives there facing fear everyday yet they are full of life :)

      Delete
  8. I admire you Izdiher, your words always wise and strong, your heart always willing to embrace the beauty of life.
    We all have the choice to leave, but we should never look down at the ones who decided to stay. You live in your city, a city you love and you are doing your best to make it a better place. It's our human duties but we are not all ready to accept it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have great spirit and courage Izdiher! I admit I am scared to visit Karachi, but I feel that criminals there spot people from overseas easily and target them. But I agree one should not criticise unless you can offer a solution to the problem, esp since those who are not living in Karachi base their opinion on media reports..and we all know what the media is like...

    P.S I am back to bloggi nafter a year do check come check out my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ash sneakers are fast becoming the go-to footwear option for an array of stylish individuals.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! Great post I just came across
    your blog and I love it! It would
    be amazing if you could visit my blog too.
    We can also follow each other if you like! :)
    http://herakliografeioteleton.blogspot.gr

    very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always easy to critize, especially when one is not involved.

      Delete
  12. Well written piece. and yes, i think what the world needs is some empathy. One shouldn't judge before one has experienced.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting piece Izdiher. Greatly admire your wisdom for so young a person and it's true- there is a saying in my language - " it may rain gold in another country and raining stones in yours, but it is still your country."

    ReplyDelete

'FOLLOW" me.