Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bulleya to me, I am not known

Not a believer inside the Masjid, am I
Nor a pagan disciple of false rites
Not the pure amongst the impure
Neither Moses, nor the Pharoh


Bulleya! to me, I am not known

 Not in the holy Vedas, am I
Nor in opium, neither in wine
Not in the drunkard’s intoxicated craze
Neither awake, nor in a sleeping daze


Bulleya! to me, I am not known

In happiness nor in sorrow, am I
Neither clean, nor a filthy mire
Not from water, nor from earth
Neither fire, nor from air, is my birth


Bulleya! to me, I am not known

Not an Arab, nor Lahori
Neither Hindi, nor Nagauri
Hindu, Turk, nor Peshawari
Nor do I live in Nadaun


Bulleya! to me, I am not known

Secrets of religion, I have not known
From Adam and Eve, I am not born
I am not the name I assume
Not in stillness, nor on the move


Bulleya! to me, I am not known


-Bulley Shah

16 comments:

  1. Maybe better to be
    of "well-not-known"
    than to be
    of "ill-known"
    --Steve E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice poem .. Thank you for your nice comments, it made us very happy ;)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for those lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually we don't know ! Somebody has our password I guess !

    We fixed it now :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Meryem .
    Welcome ,doll.

    @ Afaf et Marwa,
    Oh babe,It just hurt me because you are my precious follower/friend .Anyway,I might have problem in blogger .Never mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice poem, i use to writ poem when i was youn in french and in arabic but now not even read them ,so thank u to made me read this, are u persian? I'm egyptian

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Omsolaym ; Really ?Do yo have any poem ?I would love to read them .I am not Persian .Nice to meet you, Mesri gal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. writing poems was long time ago when I was teenager, but my father is poet, i don't even read his poet, for me life was't that beautiful, but now hamdolelah my life is better. wish u happy life 2

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love overcomes everything
    I need your love.

    Aşk herşeyin üstesinden gelir
    Tek ihtiyacım senin sevgin.

    may I ask u why u wrote this words i turkish?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah. Right! Who are you anyway???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, nice poetry. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete