A BLOG

A BLOG

Friday, July 29, 2011

Rain

I opened my eyes
And looked up at the rain,
And it dripped in my head
And flowed into my brain,
And all that I hear as I lie in my bed
Is the slishity-slosh of the rain in my head.

I step very softly,
I walk very slow,
I can't do a handstand--
I might overflow,
So pardon the wild crazy thing I just said--
I'm just not the same since there's rain in my head

-      By  Shel Silverstein

 It has rained after so much wait.  I'ts   finally  rained .It has to be . It was a peaceful,calm,and  happy rain .Did not stay for more than half an hour .It was suppose to be  monsoon rain in the end of July but it was summer's first rain over here . It brought  joy and pleasure. I had to go shopping before Ramadan because for first 10 days it will remain  close,but it is OK.Getting wet is better than going  to shopping.I will do it  tomorrow,God willing.

Rain does not fall on my face on a cloudy day much here . So I can not  sitting inside,watching the rain trickle down my window.Fi,Bica and I went up   to the roof,got wet and enjoyed it to the death,wondering,why can not I have rain over here  at the end of every day .

And those who says that  getting wet does  cause colds are stupid . Virus causes Colds not rain.

I spent the whole day with my youngest cousin, Bica ,who   stayed with us for couple of day .First we had lunch at my neighbor.Actually,I just went there for some other reason but she asked us to have lunch with her.I was already full.Only she ate some stuff.I ate only  mangoes. She had three children and my cousin become friend with her eldest daughter who are same age of hers .She also showed us her new cloths.

Then in the evening ,we visited local  park.Lot more peeps were there  . At night her mother came to pick her up and we had  barbecued  .We had great day even though my plan to go shopping   didn’t  work out.They are leaving tomorrow morning . Going back  .I would missed them all .Zeb's innocence ,Bica's energy and Abby's quietness and of course their love.We have had lots of problem of electricity but they did not complain at all .  I had a lot of fun  with them in last two months ,which I cannot put together in words .Don't know when would I meet them/see them again in this life time.

6 comments:

  1. I think the passage of time should make us aware to live life to the fullest, for life is transitory.
    Hope more rain comes your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice & soft post. i felt like i'm smelling rains :)
    just came to say hi as you asked & FOLLOWING THIS LOVELY BLOG totally loved it <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful poem. Ramadan Karim to you and ur family.

    ReplyDelete

'FOLLOW" me.