Saturday, December 7, 2013

9th Karachi International Book Fair.



9th KIBF is a the  five-days book  fair which started form Dec 5, and will  continue until the December 9 at  the Karachi Expo Center (Hall No: 1,2, and 3). It's organized by the Pakistan Publishers & Booksellers Association in collaboration with the National Book Foundation.(Dawn.com)

All the leading local publishers, along  with  publishers from Turkey, Iran, UAE, India, Singapore and Malaysia, are there.

I went there with my colleagues to get some books for our school's library around 11:30 am with a mind set that  there  wouldn't be so much crowd. But no, it was full. Every stall  was chock full. So many schools kids in their school uniforms were there with their teachers. Families, individuals ....so many people.


I couldn't take pics because I don't have camera (yet). This one is send to me by my friend. When she will send me more pics, I will upload.

Books I bought for myself are: 

1. Chambers Idioms, edited by E.M. Kirkpatrick, and C.M Schwarz.
2.  No Turning Back by Susan Lewis. 
3. Winning a wife by Anne Wilkinson. 
4. To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee.
5. Triveni (poetry) by Gulzar.
6.Hikmat-e-Saadi, Bostan by Muhammad Ali Chiragh.

Nothing makes me as happy as buying books. And nothing satisfies me as reading them as soon as possible.  

There are also so many food stalls at first floor ( of course ). We had 2 small pizza (chicken fajita), Biryani, Singaporean rice, fried chicken with roti, Pepsi and coffee.




12 comments:

  1. Looks like great books. Same here! I love buying books.

    x
    www.thecherryfactor.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enter into book shops like a child enters toy shops :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! A book never fails to make me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too. They are iresistable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a lifetime affair, really.. With books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To Kill A Mockingbird, you will love Atticus Finch. We read that in school and I have read it more than once.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to go there but my papa said "wahn buht rush hota hai parking ka masla hota hai" but my BFF has gone there she text me about my favt book that was available there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You papa is right, there is so much crowd and parking issue due to it. You still have tomorrow though. GO !

      Delete
  8. Nice blog you have here! I read some of your posts too. They're amazing. You can visit my blog too and maybe we can follow each other? Just let me know. Keep in touch :)

    http://www.missordonya.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love browsing books just about as much as I love reading them. To me a good book is like a good friend, you can pick it up and feel that intstant rapport, getting beautifully immersed in the story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes I believe that World Peace is hidden in our buying, borrowing, and reading books.

    Of course, first I guess the world will have to teach everyone how to read?
    (I just KNEW there was something wrong with my dream.....my "peace" fantasy!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I love book fairs! It's been a long time since they had one in Singapore.
    To Kill a Mockingbird is a good read :)

    ReplyDelete