If ya remember my post Share Your Food, where I made Corned Beef Hash, I was asking about your fav food/ dish from your country, or any famous dish, or even any street food where you are from, you would would love to share it with me.
I got so many need exciting responses from all around the world.
It's time for me to share what I love most.
And it is Bun Kebab___ A famous street/roadside food from Karachi.
It is very easy to made, much similar to any Burger with patty a.k.a Kabab and bun. They serve it with yoghourt chutney and ketchup usually.
Funny thing about it, is its taste. No matter how yummily, hygienically and perfectly you try to make it at home, it is never gonna taste like the one you get from thalay wala (road side stall) in just around 30 rupees.
The mamza of eating it is at the roadside in the pollution of Karachi.
There is also no fix recipe or any hard and fast rule to make it.
All you need is: Bun, Kabab's patty, egg, onion, tomato, cucumber, ketchup and yoghourt chutney rita.
Kebab: I am using gram lentil and beef kabab. You can use which ever you want: Chicken, mutton or even lentil only one, and veggie one like potato. Some made their gram lentil and meet kababs with potatoes. It is perfectly fine. all you nee dis kebab.
Making Kebab's patty:
- Soak washed gram lentil for over night or for at least for about 4 to 6 hours.
- Boil them with onion, ginger and garlic, salt, and fennel seeds in pressure cooker.
- When it has been tendered and boiled well, and no water left (if left drain it), chop them in chopper.
- Adding chopped onions, green chillies, cut coriander and mint leaves are optional just for taste and aroma.
- Add little bit salt, spice like chat masala, grounded black paper, cumin, and garam masala. (If it is not available black pepper and red chilies can work well.)
- Mix them well and shape them like a patty.
Yoghourt Chutney Raita is made by one cup yoghourt, coriander and mint leaves, cumin seeds, sugar and salt according to your taste. Blend all these stuff in grinder, and your Yoghourt Chutney Rita is ready.
Lets start cracking:
1. Dip your kabab patties into egg white( if you don't like egg, minus it. No big deal) and fry.
2.Meanwhile, cut the veggies: Onion, cucumber and tomatoes in slices.
3. And spread the Yoghourt Chutney Raita on one halves of the bun.
4. Put Kabab on it.
5. Cover it with sliced cut onion, cucumber & tomato. (You can add salad leaf and cabbage, as well)
6. Add tomato ketchup/ mayonnaise on it and on the other halves of the bun.
It looks like the Bun Kebab is ready. Well almost. You can have it.
7. But the BK guy heat it up after this on a tawa (or on fry pan if tawa not available) with little, very little just a spoonful of oil or ghee, up side down, so I am doing it too.
Now cut it into half and cater to it with chutni and ketchup.